- Home Page
- SUMMER READING
- Children Summer Reading
Children Summer Reading
Children's Summer Reading is designed for ages 6-11.
2023's theme is All Together Now. Celebrating teamwork, kindness to others, and the endless possibilities that can be accomplished when communities come together to build a better world.
Children can complete gameboards by reading, participating in activities, and attending events. Complete your gameboard for raffle tickets for a chance to win one of two grand prizes!
SRP Children's Events & Activities:
- Saturday June 10: Big Time Bubbles Foam Bubble Party Kick-Off (all ages)
- Fun Lab: Tuesdays @ 2:00pm in the Library Meeting Room (designed for ages 6-11)
- June 13: Puzzles and Towers, Oh My!
- June 20: Quick Trip Around the World
- June 27: Friendship Jewelery
- July 11: Community Art Projects
- July 18: The Science of Collaboration
- Performers @ the Splashpad: Thursdays @10:00am (all ages)
- June 15: BK Bones "Dinosaurs or Not?"
- June 22: Elizabeth Kahura "Folktales from Africa"
- June 29: John O' Bryant Magician
- July 6: Kim Lehmann "Tales and Tunes"
- July 13: UCFD Firefighters and Fire Truck
- July 20: Talewise Science "Saving Earth Together"
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover: July 21, stuffed animal drop-off 3:30pm - 5:00pm. Stuffed animal pick-up July 22 @ 10:00am.
Register in-person at the library or online beginning June 10. You must pick-up your gameboard at the library. Only registered participants are eligible for prizes.
- Complete 1 row (vertical, diagonal, horizontal line) of your gameboard and show your gameboard to library staff for a prize. Receive 1 raffle ticket to enter for your choice of children's grand prizes.
- Blackout your gameboard and turn into library staff for a completion prize. Receive 2 raffle tickets to enter for your choice of children's grand prizes.
- You may receive 1 additional gameboard after the completion of the first gameboard to earn additional raffle tickets only for the grand prize.
- Prizes and completion prizes are available only while supplies last.
- Last day to turn in your gameboards is Friday, July 21. Grand prize raffle drawings will be held on Saturday July 22. **Raffle winners must be present to win.**