- General contractor registration is required for all general contractors.
- A driver's license copy is required.
- A bond in the amount of $5,000 is required.
- A Subcontractor Verification Letter is required for each subcontractor listed on the building permit application.
- Demolition Information for demo of residential and commercial structures.
- Universal City is under the 2021 International Codes.
- The City's additions and exceptions are available online as well.
All General Contractor applications shall require a copy of a recent criminal history search through the Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS) [DPS LINK]. If your drivers license is not issued by the State of Texas, you will be required to obtain a criminal history search from the issuing State. A recent STATE criminal history search is required for each applicant, partner, or corporate officer for the general contracting business on whose behalf the application is submitted. Be advised that these entities charge a nominal fee for this service.
Thank you for working with the City as it updates files and works to ensure a safe and quality environment for its residents.