For information regarding the May 6, 2023 Election, click here.
Universal City’s General Election
The process begins when qualified city residents file their candidate applications for a place on the Universal City ballot. Candidate application MUST be notarized prior to filing and a $20.00 filing fee or a petition in lieu of the filing fee must accompany the candidate’s application at the time of its filing in the city clerk’s office during the filing period. A candidate’s application, including an accompanying petition (if applicable), is public information immediately on its filing.
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Have resided continuously in the State of Texas for twelve (12) months and in the City of Universal City for six (6) months immediately preceding the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older on the first day of term to be filled;
- Be a qualified voter as defined by by the Texas Election Code, Section 11.002, on the day the person offers to vote (Qualified Voter means a person registered to vote in this state whose registration is effective);
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be 1) totally mentally incapacitated; or 2) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.