I'm a homeowner, can I pull my own permit?

All electric, mechanical, and plumbing work must have permits pulled by a State licensed, City registered contractor. Homeowners cannot pull these permits. However, homeowners can pull permits for fences, roof work, and other small jobs. A short list of contractors who are licensed and registered in the City already is located in the Development Services folder of the Document Center. When in doubt, call (210) 659-0333 ext 723.

Show All Answers

1. Address for City Hall
2. What building codes has Universal City adopted?
3. What type of construction work requires building permits?
4. What building inspections are required?
5. Do I have to comply with deed restrictions and city codes?
6. Is a sign permit required?
7. Do I need a permit for a street span banner?
8. How do I obtain a building permit?
9. I'm a homeowner, can I pull my own permit?
10. I'm a business/building owner, can I pull my own permits?
11. Do I need a permit for a shed?
12. Who issues building permits?
13. Are permits required for a new fence?