In accordance with Texas Government Code Section 552.124 of the Public Information Act addressing Records of a library or Library System, Universal City Public Library protects the privacy of library patrons by prohibiting access to patron information by third parties. Information about library materials on loan, reserve, or used in the library, as well as personal information is restricted to the cardholder and will not be disclosed to a third party except:
- As reasonably necessary for the operation of the library;
- To persons authorized in writing by an adult patron and in possession of that patron’s library card; or
- To a law enforcement agency or a prosecutor under a district court order or subpoena in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 552.124.
- The number of items on loan and the due dates.
- Number of books on hold.
- Fines and fees due on the account.
- Due date information about specific items when the titles are provided by the requestor.
- Patron and or parent/legal guardian name,
- Telephone number,
- Address [physical and mailing],
- Driver’s license number,
- Listing of materials on reserve or on hold,
- Listing of materials currently checked out,
- Interlibrary Loan requests,
- Charges owed including material title,
- Payments made.
City Council Approved 11/21/06