For guidance regarding your rights as a requestor and the public information procedures adopted by this governmental body, you may review the governmental body’s notice required under section 552.205 of the Government Code. You can find additional Public Information Act resources on the Office of the Attorney General's website http://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/open-government
The Texas Public Information Act prohibits a government body from inquiring into a requestor's reason or motive for requesting information. The Act permits a governmental body to establish proper identification (Photo ID is required prior to record release.)
1. A record request is filled in the course of a normal city business day and not necessarily "upon demand," depending upon the scope of the record request and record availability and research time.
2. My request is limited to the information in existence at the time and on the day my request is received.
3. The City has no duty to answer questions or create documents to respond to a request pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
4. Certain information held by the City may be confidential as a matter of law or may be excluded from public disclosure when applying various provisions of the Texas Public Information Act.
5. Cost for a record varies upon scope of request and is payable prior to pickup/mailing. If the request is extensive, PREPAYMENT MAY APPLY.
Please Note: If the information requested is unclear or if a large amount of information is requested you may be contacted to discuss clarifying or narrowing your request. There may be charges associated with production of the requested information. https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/open-government/governmental-bodies/charges-public-information
*Make sure to check email correspondence, to include spam folder.
OPTION A: I hereby agree to limit the scope of my request to only those documents/information contained in the City's records that the City believes is non-confidential and available to the public pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act or any other applicable law. I will accept documents/information with certain information redacted on this basis and consider my request completely fulfilled. I understand that if I am not satisfied with the information provided under this basis, that l can make a new request at any time which includes the redacted information and the City will seek an opinion of the Texas Attorney General regarding whether the redacted information sought in the new request can be excluded from public disclosure as explained in Option B.
OPTION B: I do not agree to limit the scope of my request. I want all available documents regardless of whether the City considers the information to be confidential or subject to being excluded. I understand that the City has the duty to seek an opinion from the Texas Attorney General’s Office, Open Records Division which will consist of the following:
1. A written request for an opinion from the Texas Attorney General by the City within ten (10) business days (excluding weekends & holidays recognized by the City) from the date that the City receives my initial request;
2. A written brief sent to the Attorney General's Office within fifteen (15) days from the date that the City received my initial request;
3. I might receive a request for clarification of my request if it is vague and ambiguous which will toll (postpone) the deadline for the City's request for an opinion from the Texas Attorney General's Office;
4. The Attorney General has forty-five (45) business days, from the date they receive the written brief, to render a ruling. I understand that until a ruling is rendered by the Attorney General, the City cannot fully respond to my request. l understand that the Attorney General will determine if the information I requested can be released to me.
Note: I understand that documents/information held by a Court, whether a Justice Court, City Court, or District Court are Judicial Records and are not subject to disclosure pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act. Any request for records made for judicial records will be handled pursuant to the Judicial Records Act and will not be considered a request pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Specify exactly what record(s) you are requesting.
* indicates a required field